This was a little sewing project i did as i had loads of little laser cut flowers left of from a spring inspired ball gown i did a few months back.It was a grate project that was simple to make with a lovely out come.
Materials consisted of
1.5 m pink taffeta
1.5 m cream cotton
1 x cape clasp
Lots of mixed laser cut flowers. (These i cut out my self as i have accesses to lasers I can custom them for any interested just drop me a message)
First step was to cut a circle of the pink taffeta with a diameter which was around 1 m in the centre of the circle, i then cut a smaller circle this one was 16 cm diameter.the last bit was to cut a strait line from the edge to the centre.
With the material cut out i worked my way around the edge of the cape pining the flowers then hand beading each one using different patterns to get variety and colour evenly spread over the cape.
I cut around the pink fabric so that i knew that the cotton lining would be exactly the same size.
Sewing the parts inside out so then i cut notches out around the edge so when turn inside out it was neat.
Using a rectangle with angled edges i created the collar, attached to the main cape which was plated to the same length of the collar.
To finish the cape off i brought cloak clasps, from i a medieval fair i when too, for just under £5.
Finished cape The making of a princess cape
The making of a princess cape
The making of a princess capeThe making of a princess cape